Hello national team / u20 coaches,
hello nt/u20 scouts and
hello all national team interested users,
during the last weeks we have worked on different topics in our national team scouting platform in hattrick youthclub.
Scouts can use hattrick youthclub to search for youth players who are candidates for the u20 or nt team. They can manage the players in favorites lists and keep track of them during their youth career. Thus they can help the owners to train the players in the best way for future fielding in nt or u20.
Scouts of many different nations are already using hattrick youthclub to scout the players as early as possible. Some of them have contacted me and we have discussed different ideas how to improve youth player scouting in HY. Some of these ideas we already have implement and released in the last weeks:
- character information in excel export
- colorizing of skills known from twins
- a table indicating the last match a player can be fielded in the u20 world cup
On the following topics we have worked lately and release them today:
- In the past the u20 or nt coach had to define all scouts for a country. Now they can define a chief scout, who has the right to define the scouts for the country as well. With the start of each season the chief scout has to be defined again!
- In the past the scouts were only able to work with players who are known in HY, meaning that they could only add players of users who are using HY to their favorites lists. Now they can also add players who are not managed in HY, but they have to make sure that they update the skills of the players themselves. The major advantage is, that the scouts can now manage all relevant youth players in a single list, there is no more need to merge the hy list with the manual list.
- Additionally the scouts do now have the option to make their lists public and to show them to all managers in HT. They can configure who can access the list. HY managers who does not like that the private information of their players (skills, etc) are visible on the public lists can disable that. Of course HY managers still have the option to deny scouting access to their players at all.
We really hope that this will help the national teams with scouting in HY. If your country is not already using HY for scouting, they should definitely check it out. The importance of scouting in HY could be highlighted by the success of the nations, where many people use HY and the scouts are active, in the last u20 worldcups (http://www.hattrick-youthclub.org/site/worldcup).
Special thanks to manager Baumschubser (chief scout of Germany) and his team (especially BAB185) for being patient enough for discussing with me over and over again the whole scouting topic.